Friday 14 September 2012

Small Haul: Primark, H&M, The Body Shop and Body Care.

Today, I started back at university as a third year student- scary! Glad to be getting back in to a routine after six months of slobbing about, even though I am definitely not looking forward to the stress of deadlines and dissertation writing. I had a mooch around town after my induction session and treated myself to a few things so I thought I would share them with you! :)

 Black Bucket Bag: Primark £12.00
This is the main reason why I ventured in to Primark. I have seen this Zara-esque bag floating around on quite a few blogs recently- I was half expecting it to be so hyped up that I wouldn't be able to get my hands on it but I was glad to see that there were quite a few still on the racks when I went in. I have been needing a new bag and this one is definitely going to be my go-to one for carrying all my things around. I am now looking forward to doing an updated "What's In My Bag" post, as I love reading other people's and I had been putting off doing my own as my current bag is falling apart!

 Black Rucksack: Primark £9 
Whilst I was looking at the bucket bag, I spotted this one next to it and suddenly couldn't decide between the two. As they are so different I decided I would treat myself to both of them- at £9 this was hardly leaving a hole in my wallet! I love this kind of rucksack after seeing them become quite popular recently and I think it will be great for days when I don't need to carry as many things.

Shorts: H&M £6.99 £3.00
This is a bit of a boring purchase really, but I spotted these shorts while having a quick rummage through the H&M sale racks. They feel so soft and are just going to be used as a comfy pair of shorts to throw on on those lazy Sundays.

Cucumber Freshening Water: The Body Shop £4.00 £2.00
The next few purchases I actually bought earlier in the week, but I thought I would throw them in to fill out this post! I had been needing a new toner to add to my daily cleansing routine so I thought I would give this a go as it was reduced and I am usually a fan of cucumber products as they are so light and refreshing!

Wild Cherry Lip Butter: The Body Shop £3.00 £1.00
I also thought I would pick this up at the same time as the toner as it was another bargain and I am an avid lip balm collector haha! This smells lush as well, which is always a plus!

Technic Carnival Nail Polish
Technic Mermaid Nail Polish
Body Care 99p each
I have always had a quick look in Body Care to see if they have the infamous OPI Rainbow Connection dupe in stock, and had no such luck until I walked in earlier this week and they were fully stocked up on them! I also fell in love with Mermaid, which is a mixture of chunky blue and turquoise glitter that really does remind me of the ocean, or a mermaid's tail, so at a bargainous 99p each I snapped them both up!


I hope you liked this post! Have you picked up any bargains recently?

45 comments:

  1. I love the zara lookalike bag, I may have to hunt for it!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great dupe, feels really good quality for the price :) x

      Delete
  2. I'm starting my 3rd year soon too! I should start some dissertation work but I'm too busy hunting down the Zara dupe bag aha. I saw the backpack in Primark this week and now I'm kicking myself for not getting it, it's so pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh good luck with your third year! I should probably start dissertation work too, absolutely dreading it :( Ooh go back and get it, it's lovely! :) x

      Delete
  3. I want that rucksack bag!!:)


    laurenlovesmakeupxoxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a total bargain! Get it if you can find it near you :) x

      Delete
  4. love the bucket bag - I need to get me one of those! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh the bucket bags gorgeous, may have to take a look! xo

    vintage-teapot.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely :) Definitely glad I got my hands on it! x

      Delete
  6. ooh great finds i love all of these - I've actually just started a blog about beauty and fashion e.t.c when your a student on a small budget. Love stuff like this :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! Ooh I'd love to read that, I'm always trying to save money, I don't get much of a student loan! :( haha x

      Delete
  7. Great bargains! I love the rucksack!

    Good luck in your 3rd year :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the bags! Definitely have to get myself down to Primark :D
    http://elettravelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do! They have gorgeous bags in at the moment, I want to go back for a studded clutch as well! x

      Delete
  9. I saw that bag the other week and I'm thinking of getting the tan one. The cucumber water is really nice btw :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't decide between the two but the black one would match more of my outfits I think :) I've used the cucumber water for a couple of nights now and I am liking it so far :) x

      Delete
  10. Great buys hun! :) Love the zara dupe bag!!
    I just done a post about the technic polish in carnival! :)

    egtx3.blogspot.co.uk
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! Ooh I'll have to go and check out your post :) x

      Delete
  11. The black rucksack is so cute, I'm itching to buy something similar in brown!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! I'm sure they had it in brown too :) x

      Delete
  12. Eeek final year! Good luck! Adore both those bags - so gorgeous!

    Sarah
    http://fashionismyh2o.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have the Cranberry Joy Lip Balm from Body Shop and I love it, can't wait to try a new one :)x
    shameta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like The Body Shop lip balms, they smell amazing! x

      Delete
  14. Great buys :-) love the bag.

    Holli x
    Dragonmommy123.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the carnival nail varnish, I bought it on a whim and didn't expect it to be good but it's probably one of my most worn nail varnish. Lovely purchases.

    B xxx
    backfortea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had chance to wear it yet :( Can't decide on a combination haha! x

      Delete
  16. You bought some really lovely items. I never knew how good backpacks were till i discovered my mum's vintage one. I use it non stop now! Your primark one is really good, i could do with one like that of my own! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! I've been wanting one for ages, I think they look so cute :) x

      Delete
  17. Love the Primark bucket bag... what a bargain!

    Ava Tallulah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a bargain, it's such a handy bag, I'm using it as my every-day one now :) x

      Delete
  18. Love the Technic Carnival nail polish!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. The nail polishes are gorgeous. I'm about to start 3rd year too, good luck!

    I'm having a giveaway at Sophie Rose Beauty Blog, make sure to check it out! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those are all great finds! i love the nail polishes but my favorite is the zara esque bag!!!
    check out some of my looks on BestTrendsForever.com!!
    XOXO
    Ty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! The bag is my favourite purchase too! :) x

      Delete
  21. Ahh both of those Primark bags are amazing, such bargains! I'm definitely a wear-it-to-death bag kinda girl too so these are perfect. Great post lovely! X

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I read every single one and they absolutely make my day! I try to answer all questions but please allow me up to 48 hours to do so! If you have a question you want answering straight away, feel free to email me or contact me via Twitter :) x