Thursday 8 August 2013

Review: Barburrito.


If there's one thing that anybody who meets me will soon find out, it's that I. Love. Food. I'm always hungry, it's a wonder I am able to maintain a small waistline haha! So when I got offered some free Barburrito vouchers, naturally I said yes! Barburrito was a place that I had heard of and had wanted to try out for a while but it was something I had just had never got round to doing as there isn't a restaurant in my town. The vouchers gave me that extra incentive to go, however, and me and a friend hopped on a train to Liverpool to check it out.

The best way I can think to summarise it is that it's a lot like a glorified version of Subway (my usual fast food place of choice), in that you choose what you want and then pick your "add-ons" whilst the person behind the counter puts together your food. At Barburrito you can choose between a burrito (orly?), soft or hard shell tacos or nachos, with a topping/filling from a choice of chicken, steak, pork and more, brown or white rice depending on your preference, plus lots of extras, like beans, salsa, mushrooms and guacamole. I went for a burrito filled with steak, brown rice, spicy beans, pepper and onion and hot salsa, plus a side of tortilla chips with cheese sauce. Sound good? It was!

I personally really enjoyed it. It was filling and it was a nice change from the usual lunch choices of a sandwich or a burger and chips. It is, however, a little more expensive than most other fast food chains. A burrito can cost you anywhere between £4.80 to around £7.00 depending on your fillings and a side of tortilla chips is 75p; a little more if you want salsa, guacamole or cheese. Despite this, I would definitely go back, and recommend anybody to try it if they're after something a little different with a Mexican twist. You can check out the menu here.

Have you tried Barburrito?
*DISCLOSURE: My meal was partially paid for. All opinions expressed are still 100% honest and my own.

6 comments:

  1. Barburrito is one of my guilty pleasures! I love their pork burritos.

    Katie x and-katie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I really want to try a pork one- Maybe next time! I've only been once and I HAD to go for steak haha! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Oh my I do love a burrito! We have a really cool independent burrito place in Cheltenham, it's like subway and is ridiculously cheap :)

    Sweet Monday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I now haha, they're so good! Ooh that sounds amazing- I think Barburrito is the only burrito place we have around here but it's quite pricey :( xx

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love Barburrito! I always get the chicken one, it's pretty reasonable as well. Haven't had one in ages, craving one now! x

    Alavish.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I read every single one and they absolutely make my day! I try to answer all questions but please allow me up to 48 hours to do so! If you have a question you want answering straight away, feel free to email me or contact me via Twitter :) x